Saturday, May 3, 2014

Moonshine Jungle.

I know this is long overdue, but I've been super lazy to actually think of words and then typing it out. Plus, I had so many TV shows to keep me busy in bed (Arrow, OUAT, Criminal Minds, CSI, H50, Glee & Grimm basically) so by the time I finished an episode, I was too mindblown to blog.

So here I am now because I've finished watching most of the most recent episodes of these tv shows.
Time to fill you guys in on my Moonshine Jungle experience. ;)

25th March 2014, Tuesday


 
As you all know, I won a pair of tickets to the Moonshine Jungle Pre-Party that was (said to be) hosted by the man himself, Bruno Mars. It was at the Wavehouse Sentosa and there was booze and DJs and a lot of foreigners.

I brought my mum with me because it was an 18 and above event and we reached there at like 8pm. There was a queue already of course but we weren't too far back. Most people were pretty young. Basically, these were the people that wanted to see Bruno Mars up close and personal and not for the rave and the drinks, etc. My mum and I were part of that percentage. So we waited. We guessed he'd be at the Wavehouse by 10pm. But 10pm came and then it was 10:30 and he still wasn't there yet and we had to deal with really annoying mats smoking in front of us while waiting. We were standing and we were getting really tired of that and I was telling my mum, "At least we came in for free so it's really okay for us to leave early if we want to." And that's what we planned to do if Bruno and his Hooligans didn't come out by 11:30pm.

Then at 11:15pm, the group finally arrived and everyone went crazy and they end up just sitting at the VIP booths and occasionally going on stage to just dance and singalong to his own songs.


So being the fangirl that I was that night, I abandoned my mum halfway through and squeezed my way to the barricades separating us and the VIP section. People were taking pictures and screaming for Bruno to come over to their side and Philip Lawrence was being a sweetheart and so were the other Hooligans also saying hi to some fans they were nearer to. The bodyguards though, holy shit, they were violent. Like some stupid minah tudung thought it would be a good idea to bring her monopod and use it but then HA HA her monopod got snapped by one of the bodyguards.

Then this girl near me and I started screaming for Bruno to come to our side for autographs and we combined our voices together to make him hear and he finally heard and he literally was standing less than 1m away from me at that point. I almost died. And I gave him the first thing I could think of to sign and that was my really new phone cover (that was barely 3 days old). While he signed, I made sure to use my digital camera to snap pics of him and OH MY GOD HE WAS BEAUTIFUL. I wish I had gotten a selfie though but whatever, I was that close to him and I was super happy.






Then when he finally went back to his booth to continue drinking and talking to his friends or whatever, I got out of the craze and went to look for my mum and the moment I saw her, I squealed the highest pitch I could and showed her what I managed to get.

Heh yes I was pretty ecstatic.
Anyway, we left the crowd to get our second free drink and I swear to God, Coke tasted so good that night. And when I got the Coke, I bumped into Phillip Lawrence, Bruno's main back-up singer at the bar and I said hi to him and asked for a photo but he didn't want to cause a huge commotion and get both of us in trouble so he nicely turned me down and I understood that. So I said "I can't wait for tomorrow!" And he replied "Oh you're gonna be there?! That's great! I'll see you there!" Yep, Phillip was a really nice guy.

Then we quickly went home after that because it was almost 12 midnight and we were so tired from standing for like 3 hours.


26th March 2014, Wednesday

CONCERT DAYYYYYYY!
I was so excited to have fun that night but since I was going with my mum, I told her we didn't have to go queue so early. So we only got to the Indoor Stadium at around 4/5pm and we got snacks and drinks for ourselves because we thought we could munch on something while queuing but when we reached the line, the ushers and ticket masters told me we couldn't bring outside food and drinks into the queue so we had no choice but to sit outside and eat/drink. And while doing so, we sat in front of the merch booth and ended up buying a Bruno Mars drawstring bag, wristband and a tour t-shirt. I have never spent at a concert's merch booth before. But maybe because this time, my mum was with me, hehehe.

We went into the queue shortly after we finished eating and hydrating ourselves and waited a few more hours before we were let into the stadium and the stage was covered with a large cloth. Actually, we were pretty surprised at how little people there was in the front half of the standing pit.

We were at the right of the stage and second row, not bad for someone who started queuing at 5pm. The lights went off at exactly 8:30pm and I was like "Holy shit, this is the first concert I've ever been to that starts pretty much on time." Then of course, they opened with Moonshine and everyone started pushing forward and phones out and stuff. The security saw me using my digital camera and told me to keep it because flash photography wasn't allowed. So whatever with that, I still got some good photos with it before they told me to keep it, lol. But then some other stupid security guy saw my mum recording videos with her iPhone and told her to not record. Like, what the fuck? Other security guards passed by and saw people video recording but no one said cannot. In the end, the stupid mofo got owned because Bruno Mars himself told us to video record him and Phillip doing stupid things on stage.

So yeah, it was an amazing night, with great music and great atmosphere. The crowd wasn't extremely pushy, everyone danced and sang and enjoyed themselves. There were pyrotechnics and fire for most of the songs and confetti falling during Locked Out Of Heaven. It was so worth my $200. :')

Here are some of the good shots I got!

What an extraordinary night.
Bruno Mars tops my list of best concerts I've ever been to. :')

EXTRA: Videos I posted on Instagram!